Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sacred Sounds of Christmas

This week I went to SPU's annual Christmas concert at Benaroya Hall in Seattle. It's a great way to start the Advent Season. I love the fact that it's in the heart of downtown Seattle. SPU has done a great job at being involved in the community over the years. Dr. Eaton certainly made that possible with the vision of Engaging the Culture and Changing the World. Yes, it's an incredibly cheesy line and the education you receive anywhere, is up to the individual receiving it. We all had a choice as to how much or how little we participated in our education and in our school activities. There are times when I look back and wished I had done more, but now that I'm a staff member, I suppose many of those same opportunities and ideas I learned in college are still available to me.

Anyway...just a few thoughts for the day.

No comments: