Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

Woo Hoo!  It's the end of the year and the beginning of a new one.  What's not to love?  It's a chance for a fresh start and for most people, a new outlook on life and everything in it.  Funny how that works...when something ends, something new begins.  

This year I'm not doing anything too spectacular.  Staying in and sleeping.  I may stay up long enough to watch the fireworks on TV, but I think I will be in my apartment for most of the evening.  Tomorrow I want to take more pictures...so I may pick up some more film tonight and then work on filling up 5 rolls so I can get them developed. :) 

I must've done my celebrating early because last night I stayed up till 4:00 a.m. with friends.  It was a great night, but a bit over the top too...I think we all had too much, if you know what I mean.  I ended my night by crawling into a closet and sleeping there.  At least the closet had a mattress and a pillow.  

I am officially done moving and now have everything in the world to unpack and arrange.  Not sure how I'm going to decorate my apartment, but it's exciting to think that I get to choose how things are done.  Not that this place is going to look incredibly classy or sophisticated...just nice and homey.  Kind of like growing up...I'd love to get nice things, but instead I'll have mismatched furniture and random pieces of art all over the place.  And I'm excited for that.  

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone.  I hope this new year brings a lot of surprises, great memories, new challenges and a lot of great relationships. :)

No comments: