Friday, January 22, 2010

Music Friday - Karen's Picks

Tonight: Franz Ferdinand
I dig this two disc album...it's got a little dance...a little acoustic...good beats...

Vampire Weekend - both Self Titled and Contra
Unique sound - always peppy. I like it - different from other stuff I've heard recently. The band is from New York and they look like hipsters.

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix - Phoenix
I just discovered this recently through Herrman and I like it. He has good taste.

This is War - 30 Seconds to Mars
Favorite song so far on this album is Kings and Queens...not sure about the entire album yet, but I got it today. I saw them perform on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and I liked what I heard.

Saints and Liars - Noah Gundersen
Love this album. It's short and I wish there was more. They lyrics are incredible...emotional...raw and pure. Yeah...there's an explicit track, but when you hear the song it's not that big of a deal. I've seen him at The Round 2x...once was the Christmas Special at the Triple Door.

We Sing the Body Electric! - The Lonely Forest
Local Band...somewhere on the peninsula I think. I heard the lead singer perform one of these songs at The Triple Door. Good stuff!

The Fall - Norah Jones
Love Norah. Love her voice...love what she writes. This is a really popped up album compared to some of her other things, but it's good. I enjoy the song Young Blood the most.

Yes, I'm eclectic when it comes to my taste in music. :)

No comments: