Reasons for keeping the Sabbath...
- You're able to spend time with God.
- You're able to worship God.
- You don't have to worry about Work because it's in God's hands
- The world will not come crashing down if you rest.
- You're able to clearly see the distractions that keep us from being close and get away from them.
- We're forced to be still and listen
- We gain perspective and feel refreshed/renewed.
- We become excited and ready to take on the day.
The Sabbath doesn't necessarily need to be a specific day (I know there are differing opinions), but what's important is the taking of time to rejuvenate the mind and the soul. Taking the time to listen and to keep an open heart and open mind to what God is saying.