Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Genealogy...

...Is overrated in my humble opinion. I decided this after small group last night. We were reading Hebrews 7 and 8 and it's all about this priest who has no family. He kind of just shows up out of nowhere. Now, back in the day...you became a priest based on your family history. The tribe of Levi were all priests and that was passed from generation to generation. but this other guy...wasn't in the family in the way. He was of a different kind of "family."



Coming to my overall point...I like that there are stories in the Bible that pretty much state that it doesn't matter who you are...or where you're from (your family) in order to be a blessing and to bless those areound you. How cool is that? I don't have to be of royal blood to be someone who's important and significant to God. I just have to be me to inherit His blessings that were planned long before I was born.



Small Group has been a great blessing. I'm sad to think that I just started going just as the year is ending. Three more weeks of wondeful discussions, of heart-wrenching pain and of community that supports you when those dismal events happen. I don't think I have ever experienced community like this and it's mind-boggling. It's freeing. It's love. It's not perfect, but it's a glimpse of a beautiful story that is un-ending.



Wow, I sound sappy. The timing of this group couldn't have come at a better time in my life. This is a happy post and if I'm too sappy then I apologize. Go look at my pictures on Flickr instead.



Life is good. For the first time in years, I can truly say I am happy and enjoying life.

No comments: