Saturday, March 14, 2009

An update on my life

Let's see here...it's been quite awhile. Today I locked my cat in the closet on accident on the way out to get my haircut. He didnt' appear to be too perturbed with me when I got back. At first I thought someone broke in and took him because he wasn't waiting for me to walk through the front door. There's apparently been a robbery on my floor so I was worried...

My mother called me this week to remind me that she's coming to Seattle for a conference. It happens to be at the same time I'll be attending one at the Microsoft Campus for Higher Education. I'm excited for my mom to come at the end of the month. I'll get to spend a lot of time with her and I'll see her again for a week at the end of April. She also wants to take a trip to the east coast this summer. Perhaps New York and a few other places? I'd like to go to Washington D.C. again, but am open to really...anywhere over there. I don't really remember much of our first trip to Washington D.C. when I was 6/7th grade. I wish I did though. It'd be so much fun to take pictures and see the museums again.

As for my own life, there's not much new. I've been doing a lot more things on my own and it's exciting. Going to Greenlake...getting coffee...reading...it's relaxing and I enjoy it. It's also been a lot of fun to meet up with friends and chat online to those I can. I've also had the opportunity to run into old friends or people I haven't seen in a few years like Mark. He's going to join the Marines and I hope it helps put him on the right track. I know it's hard, but I think it'll be good for him and I think he believes that too.

This week I had a moment of peace with the world. I prayed and told God all of my fears and left things in His hands. it's amazing now because I feel like weight has been lifted off my shoulders and that there are just some things I shouldn't worry about. At least...no worrying right now. right now I can just let things be. it's a nice feeling to be taken care of.

With the economy slowing, I'm still a little worried about my job, but I hope things will be okay. I hope that SPU doesn't feel the same hurt that a lot of other companies are having. I would hate to wake up and find myself unemployed. It would be really hard right now with the amount of bills I have.

No comments: