Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1st Peter Chapter 1



6 So be truly glad.* There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

Tonight in Small Group these two verses stuck out to me. This goes along with my last post about stress. Yes, I know these verses are referring primarily to people who were being persecuted and killed for their beliefs. I'm not being persecuted or killed, but I am being challenged. I've never really had to stand up and justify what I believe in on a regular basis. To claim why I believe what I believe to someone who knows as much if not more about Christianity than I do. It's challenging to argue for the cause of Christ. It's forced me to step back and evaluate myself and my actions.

In spite of the difficult month it has been - the stress or the challenging of my faith, the part that stuck out to me the most was the part that says "There is wonderful joy ahead." There is something great coming...there is rest, there is peace, there is joy...there are things beyond what I can imagine are good coming. I cannot wait for that day.

No comments: