Sunday, October 3, 2010

Concerts Galore!


The Black Keys in Seattle
Originally uploaded by kiki5253

I saw The Black Keys this weekend at the Paramount. It was a great experience. Not only am I partially deaf, but I was blinded by all the lights! I love the music and I had a blast. It was also good to catch up with a friend who recently moved to the Boise, ID area. I was sad to see him go when he did, but I think the move has definitely been a good one for him.

On a side note, I have gone to see many a concert this year. I had the chance to see Arcade Fire on Wednesday. I didn't know the music going into the show, so it was a little more challenging for me to get into the same mood as the rest of the crowd. That show, was not just a band. It was an experience! It was artistic and creative and different. I loved that the band members switched instruments during the show. The imagry they used during the concert I probably would've understood better if I knew the songs, but it was still well done. It was all beautiful.

The week before I went to see Vampire Weekend at the Paramount. That band is also a great one to see live. I have to admit, I don't always understand what their songs are about, but I get a kick out of how eccentric the music is. I love all the rhythm changes and Ezra's voice.

What a great experience. I've never been so close to the performers before. I'm glad the person I went with has a penchant for standing extremely close to the front of the stage whenever given the opporunity. It makes for a great time....plus the company wasn't half bad. ;)

I'll hopefully, get some video up on my flickr account soon...till then...

-Cheers!

No comments: