Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stressful Season


Lord, help me to accept the good and the bad. Help me welcome this year's challenges with a thankful heart. Help me to love fully and to give freely of my time to those around me; so that through me your work may be accomplished and yoru presence be made known.

I've been fairly stressed lately. Stress happens and it's a regular part of life. There have been many events I haven't been prepared for or didn't plan on happening. When my stress levels are like this it's hard to keep an open mind and a grateful heart for all of the events and outcomes, good or bad. I just want to stay on top of things...to just get by; I am in survival mode.

I want out of survival mode. I want to stop and enjoy all the wonderul things that have been happening. I want to be able to savor every moment with my boyfriend and each and every accomplishment. Instead I feel rushed. Like I need to be moving onto the next thing and am always thinking about things I still need to take care of at work or important things I need to do around the apartment. I have become very forgetful this past month and that's also been a source of frustration for me.

Normally, I am not that bad...I usually remember to pay my bills at the first of the month, remember my computer passwords, remember things I tell people or am able to quickly recall different situations and pull up resolutions at the snap of my fingers. That has not been happening lately and I've been struggling to keep up. I am ready for this 'season' to end and to start a new one...maybe one of rest. ;)

No comments: