Monday, October 5, 2009

Day of Common Learning

I can't wait for this year's Day of Common Learning. I like Lincoln. I think he's a fascinating person in our history. His personality, his approach to people and how he applied what he knew to the circumstances he was put in. This doesn't just apply to the Civil War, but also so how he approached life. He was steadfast in his beliefs...sure people make a big deal about him, but how can you not when here was a person who, from very humble beginnings, made some of the biggest changes in our nation's history.

Yeah, I'm in awe of the man. I wonder what he would do in today's society. If he would be the same person...if he would be as steadfast in his beliefs as he was when he lived.

Of all the people I could meet, he is certainly one of them. I'd also like to meet the Disciple Paul, Teddy Roosevelt as well as FDR and his wife Eleanor. Just to name a few. :)

No comments: