Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gyeongbukgung Palace

Shrine with a View by kiki5253
Shrine with a View, a photo by kiki5253 on Flickr.

Today I made it to the palace! I walked so much...my feet are killing me now. Especially, since I had to stand on the subway for the entire ride back.

It was a beautiful experience...I can't begin to describe nor the words that I use, could describe the beauty of the palace. Everything is colorful and bright. There are stone guardians, intricate designs and carvings...stones, etchings, things encased in gold and more. The palace is just immense!

While I was wandering around (this is my second trip to the palace), I ran into some children who were visiting for a field trip. It think they were supposed to find different parts of the palace and answer questions about each part. Two kids stopped me to ask me where the different places were but I was really useless. The first group that asked me I told them I didn't speak Korean. The second boy who found me wouldn't give up...but he did ask me in English "Where is...." and I knew what he was looking for! I was excited, but I couldn't remember the right words for "over there." So I pointed and he said there?? So I said yes. All in all, a good day. I also did a little shopping today. I found a nice purse to use during my trip. I couldn't fit one in my luggage on the way over, but I'll definitely have room on the way back. This one is really big and my camera will fit in nicely. I was using one of Katie's spare purses, but I was afraid I was going to wreck it. At least if I wreck this one...it's mine and it was an inexpensive purchase.

Anyway, enjoy the new pictures from day three!

-Cheers!

No comments: