Monday, July 27, 2009

Heat in Seattle


Sunlight Reflection
Originally uploaded by kharms5253

Boy! It's been incredibly hot over here lately. I can't believe we've had temperatures in the 90's and will continue on this way until Thursday evening.

Seattle has two Severe Weather Warnings in effect right now, one for Stagnant Air and the other for Excessive Heat. Us Seattlelites are not used to this suffering!! Make it stop! It's not even cooling off at night!

Without any central air (AC) the days pass much slower than they should. Even my poor cat has been sleeping on the floor in front of the fan. Poor little furball. With all his fur I'm sure this heat isn't making him happy either. :(

Tomorrow is the CIS BBQ at Golden Gardens. I'm excited to get out to the beach for a little while. I might even wear a swimsuit to go wading. It's hot enough that it might be worth it to stick my toes in the freezing cold water.

Welp, with that in mind, there are a few new pics up today. From my weekend excursion to Kerry Park and Alki. These are pretty common tourista places, but Sarah was/is in town til tomorrow, so I thought it'd be worth it.

Cheers!

No comments: